Individuals having a well-equipped kitchen would mostly have food processors, mixers, juicers, and more.
Well, those not expert in such appliances, food processors and juicers may seem to perform the same function of converting food into liquids, but the functions of both differ from each other.
If one knows the functions of both these devices, it will be very helpful to use these appliances at the correct time and when you need them.
We have a lot of expectations from food processors! It should do blending, grating, kneading, chopping and grinding.
You don’t have to be an expert to make the best use of your food processor but you should know basic culinary skills.
The various operations performed by the food processor are executed by different attachments that come along with the processor unit. These appliances have a powerful engine and very sharp blades.
If you cook regularly and in good quantities, you can make the best use of your food processor. But if you are using it once or twice in a while, you are not making use of this appliance at its very best.
Prices of this appliance can range extensively depending upon the model selected and the variety of attachments provided along with the processor.
There are 2 factors that one should keep in mind before purchasing a food processor:
- The power rating of the food processor motor. You can choose a different range of power output of the motor depending on the size of your family.
- The durability of the electric motor. Some manufacturers use low quality or sub-standard motors to increase profits. Hence, you should check the durability.
Working Of A Food Processor
Food processors have a large container, a pointed cutter placed lower throughout the container, as well as a powerful motor.
The combined effect of this sharp blade and the powerful motor enables for a movement that is similar to the use of a blade to slice across food, instead of just pressing it.
Many food processors come with a wide range of blades, such as disks for cutting and scraping.
Pros Of Food Processor
- The use of a food processor implies making food way faster, which would in practice mean that you can probably make healthy food.
- If you are a fan of cooking homemade meals, you’ll definitely get benefitted from the food processor. It helps you to reduce your cooking time and within a few minutes, you can cook tasty recipes.
- Versatile as they can chop, grate, puree, slice, kneading, and whipping.
Cons Of Food Processor
- The food processor’s large container indicates liquids typically slide along the sides instead of combining with the food. So, if you want thin soups or sauces, it could be very difficult to find.
- Blending large volumes of liquids could lead to splashing out.
If you are a fan of extracting juices from vegetables and fruits and if you are into fasting and find it hard to clean your appliances, then the juicer is the appliance you might need in your kitchen.
There are basically 2 major types of juicers:
These types of juicers operate by grating and then rotating the fruit to extract the juices.
A centrifugal juicer rotates the blade at around top speed. These blades extract the juice while forcing the pulp from the back of the juicer into a container.
Centrifugal juicers are good but they do not work well with leafy green vegetables.
A masticating juicer breaks up the vegetable or fruits that are forced downwards, obtaining the juice and they also preserve some amount of fiber as well.
These juicers have a higher rate of return and are a good choice for the extraction of juice from leafy vegetables.
The only drawback is that masticating juicers is priced high as compared to centrifugal juicers.
Pros Of Juicer
- Gives a smooth consistency.
- A juicer makes it easy to increase the intake of fruits and vegetables.
- Drinking pure and fresh juice can improve the diet and also provide important nutrients.
Cons Of Juicer
- A lot of waste is created when the juice is extracted out of the raw food.
Food Processor Vs Juicer
The critical difference between a Food processor and a Juicer is the type of food that is extracted in each appliance.
Excellent consistency is obtained by reducing any vegetables or meats that are placed in the food processor. Also, you can control the rate of reduction that results in fine, medium, or coarse, which makes it ideal for cooking different types of dishes.
In contrast, a Juicer is used only to extract liquid from fruits and vegetables. Juicer involves the reduction of foods by using pressure and a series of blades to separate the juices.
Wrapping It All Up
In conclusion, a food processor is flexible and makes it convenient to prepare a variety of meals.
Food processors have numerous designs and come with a lot of blades that can be used for different purposes.
On the other hand, Juicer is an appliance that is limited to only extracting juices from vegetables and fruits.
Hope you liked this article and it might help you understand the difference between the two.