Do you have a sweet tooth?
Well, I crave cakes a lot.
Cakes can be baked in a wok also. But, here I am going to disclose another thing in which you can bake cakes, that is, a rice cooker. Yes, cakes can be baked in a rice cooker.
I began exploring different avenues regarding my rice cooker for things other than rice. I realized others were at that point doing this and after I discovered how much energy cooking with a rice cooker really spares, I’ve begun to utilize it significantly more. Rice cookers are versatile in nature.
You can make soups in them, steam vegetables in them, they are also good for making pasta and now I will be telling you all about its another feature which is baking. Baking time depends on the type of rice cookers.
Some advanced rice cookers come with a feature of baking but some do not. Therefore, it is advised to look for the features of the rice cooker. If you do not want to make a batter by yourself then you can go with the one that is readymade. I will be sharing two kinds of recipes here, one will be a 3-4 steps recipe with a readymade cake mix and another one will be a detailed version, meaning thereby, that it will show you how to make a proper cake batter. Without much ado let’s bake.
How to Bake Using a Readymade Cake Mix?
- Cake mix of your favorite flavour
- 2-3 eggs (only if it is mentioned on the cake mix)
- Edible oil or butter can also be used
- Mix all the ingredients as described on the cake mix.
- Take out your rice cooker and pour the batter into the pot.
- If you have a non-stick pot then there won’t be a need of greasing the pot before pouring the batter otherwise do so.
- If you have an advanced rice cooker then look for the settings and if not then switch it “on”.
- Check the cake using a toothpick or skewer if it is ready or not after auto-off.
How to Bake a Chocolate Cake in the Rice Cooker?
- 2 cups of all-purpose/refined flour/maida.
- 1 and a half cups of powdered sugar
- 250gm butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 and a half cups of Milk
- A pinch of salt
- Take a bowl and add refined flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix it well.
- Take another bowl and add sugar into it.
- Heat the butter in a bowl and make it a bit soft.
- Add the butter into the sugar and whisk it until the sugar disintegrates in the butter.
- In a different bowl and add eggs followed by a thorough beat until it is soft.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture while whisking the entire time.
- Add Vanilla essence, milk and blend until you get a smooth, pouring consistency.
- Grease the sides and lower part of the pot with oil or butter and pour the cake mixture into the pot. (if you have a non-stick pot then this step can be ignored)
- Switch on the rice cooker and wait for a delicious chocolate cake.
- If you own an advanced rice cooker then look for the baking settings and you are good to go.
- Check the cake with a toothpick or a skewer if it is done and decorate it with chocolate ganache and your favourite things.
Recipe of Chocolate Topping or Ganache
- 500gm chocolate (dark chocolate can also be used)
- 50gm of unsalted butter
- A cup of whipping cream or cooking cream
- Take a glass bowl and add chocolate pieces into it.
- Melt the chocolate with the double boiling method.
- Once the chocolate is melted add whipping cream and unsalted butter.
- Stir the mixture well until all the lumps are gone.
- Pour the topping on the cake and let it rest.
The rice cooker does astounding baking particularly for those individuals who need trustworthy preparing apparatuses in their kitchen. An electric rice cooker can cook a cake however you have to single out the brand that has preparing mode since not every one of them can play out the capacity. In conclusion, the headway in innovation has prompted the improvement of further developed electric rice cookers that can be utilized for preparing. Take out the time, thoroughly search out and pick the one that meets your inclinations.