Believe it or not, airfoods are surprisingly delicious. In fact, they’re pretty much the perfect food for when you don’t have time to cook. And if you’re looking for quick and easy recipes that will satisfy your hunger, look no further than these 10 best airfood recipes. From breakfast favorites like omelets and pancakes to snacks like popcorn and pretzels, these dishes will have you eating like a king in no time at all.
Our first recipe is the classic chicken teriyaki dish. Chicken breasts are marinated in soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and honey before being grilled or broiled. This dish is fiery hot and full of flavor, making it a great option for those who love Asian cuisine.
- 1½ pounds chicken breasts, pounded thin
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and honey.
- Marinate chicken in the soy sauce mixture for 30 minutes.
- Grill or broil chicken until cooked through (about 5 minutes per side). Serve hot.
There’s nothing quite like a delicious beef teriyaki dish cooked up in minutes on the grill! This simple recipe is perfect for when you don’t have much time, but still want something delicious and satisfying. Keep things easy by using premade teriyaki sauce and cooking the beef ahead of time so all you need to do is grill it.
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Optional toppings: green onion, furikake,isanori (salt), rice
Honey Garlic Shrimp
Honey Garlic Shrimp is a quick and easy airfood recipe that is perfect for a summer BBQ or picnic. The tangy honey and garlic combination provides a great flavor profile while the shrimp are cooked quickly in the air. It can be prepared in just minutes, making it an ideal option for busy weeknights.
- 1 lb fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, garlic, and olive oil until well combined. Season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste, and generously coat with the honey garlic mixture. Grill shrimp for 3-4 minutes per sideuntil cooked through (drain any excess liquid if necessary). Serve immediately with lemon wedges for squeezing on top.
General Tso’s Chicken
If you’re in a hurry and looking for an easy, quick and delicious meal, look no further than General Tso’s Chicken. This dish is made up of chicken, vegetable oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and white pepper. The important part of this dish is the marinade which really brings all the flavors together. You can make this recipe in just about 30 minutes by following these simple steps:
- Start by heating up some vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat.
- Add in the chicken pieces and cook until they are golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
- Add in the garlic, ginger and soy sauce to the skillet and stir to combine. Continue cooking until the soy sauce has evaporated and the chicken is fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add in white pepper to taste and serve immediately with steamed rice or noodles on the side.
Sesame chicken is a popular dish at Chinese restaurants. It’s made by coating chicken in a mixture of sesame seeds, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. The chicken is then baked or fried until it’s golden brown.
This recipe is easy to make and it only takes about 20 minutes to cook the chicken. You can also add different ingredients to change up the flavor. For example, you could use teriyaki sauce instead of soy sauce or ginger instead of oyster sauce.
There’s no need to go out to a fancy seafood restaurant when you can whip up a scrumptious shrimp scampi at home in just minutes. This airfood recipe is perfect for busy nights when you don’t have time to spare, and it’s also completely healthy and delicious.
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the white wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce the sauce by half.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the sauce and toss until coated with the sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired. Serve immediately.
Kung Pao Chicken
Kung Pao chicken is a dish that is popular in China and can be found at many restaurants. It is made by coating chicken in a spicy sauce and then baking it.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce (or to taste)
This delicious dish is made up of simple ingredients that can be easily prepared in just a few minutes. All you need is chicken breasts, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and orange juice. Start by mixing together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic in a bowl. Then pour in enough orange juice to make the mixture slightly sticky. Add the chicken breasts to the bowl and coat them with the marinade. Let them sit for at least 30 minutes before cooking. Once they’re ready, heat up some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Then cook the chicken breasts for about 7 minutes per side until they’re evenly browned and cooked through. Serve hot with some rice on the side for a complete meal.
Buffalo Chicken Wings
These tasty wings are perfect for a party or get-together, and they’re also very easy to make. Just heat up some buffalo sauce in a pan, and then add your favorite chicken wings. Cook them until they’re crispy, and then serve them up with some ranch dressing on the side.
Pork Fried Rice
Pork Fried Rice is a signature dish of Singapore. It’s a simple and delicious rice dish that is perfect for a quick meal. The pork is cooked quickly in a light batter and then tossed with fried onions and garlic. It’s an easy dish to make, and it can be prepared in just about 10 minutes. Serve it with a side of soy sauce or hot sauce for added flavor.