An air fryer is a relatively new gadget in the kitchen as well as it is very compact and a mighty gadget.
Air fryers come at a very high price, so most people are worried about it getting damaged or any other thing that can cause harm to the fryer.
One thing that most people are worried about is ‘Rusting and Peeling’.
It can cause great damage.
So in this article, we will look at the reasons that cause peeling and how we can solve this.
I’m so excited to tell you guys, aren’t you excited about knowing??
Now that we know what the problem is, let’s now look towards the solution!!
The first question that arises is whether every air fryer peel? The answer to this depends upon the brand of the fryer you are using. So when buying a fryer, always choose the top brand and which is good in quality, you can go for the reviews of that particular brand before purchasing.
Well, a large number of cooking gadgets come with a non-stick coating but after some time it eventually starts peeling. Fortunately, as long as you do not overheat the flakes, there is nothing to worry about.
Now the question is, does air fryer non-stick coating safe?
Teflon is the material used for coating cooking gadgets.
It takes a temperature of around 450 Fahrenheit to overheat this material. So we can say Teflon non-stick coating is safe.
Air fryers do not come cheap, so this is why people are worried when their fryer starts to peel. Below are the reasons for peeling, So if you avoid doing these things you can save your fryer from peeling, and also you can save your hard-earned money.
The main reasons for peeling are:-
- Use of Abrasive sponges: Most people think that using rough brushes will help to remove burnt food stuck in the fryer. Unfortunately, this leads to peeling. Here’s an advice: soak the fryer basket for 10-15 minutes and then clean it with a soft brush.
- Improper Handling: Incorrect placement of the bucket in the air fryer can also cause peeling.
- Metals: Metals should be handled carefully to avoid scratches to the basket surface area. Using Forks and sharp metal objects should be avoided in the fryer basket. Instead, you should use wooden spoons.
- Unsuitable Temperatures: Cooking under high temperatures can cause the fryer to bubble since the air gets trapped under the coating. This will eventually lead to peeling.
As an air fryer user, it is reasonable to wonder what can you do to stop the fryer basket from peeling. The best solution is to take care of your air fryer properly.
Spraying some pure oil before cooking prevents the food from sticking on the surface.
Another technique for avoiding peeling is to shake the air fryer basket at regular intervals to prevent food from sticking to the bottom and side of the air fryer.
You could also try soaking your air fryer’s basket in a vinegar solution before washing.
You will see that any mess will come off after that.
While it may not suit you to wash your air fryer basket out after every use, I recommend it highly that you wash it after every time you use it. If you do not wash it, the grease from the oil that you use can cause some serious issues.
- Lingering Food Smell: The best way to eliminate the pungent smell of the food from your basket is to wash it out after every use. If washing by water does not work, try neutralizing the smell by rubbing lemon in the basket and then wash it.
Besides, there are no such reasons to not clean your air fryer after every use as it is so simple and fast to do so.
It is worth noting that your air fryer can last for several years without peeling or rusting. Some tips on how you can keep your air fryer working in a good condition:
- Reading the user manual carefully before using the air fryer.
- Always check the air fryer before use, see whether all parts are in proper working condition or not.
- Clean the air fryer after every use without using any abrasive tools.
- Place the air fryer in an upright position.
An air fryer is very compatible and high functioning cookware that enables the users to cook nutritional food in a shorter period of time. I hope the article will help you.