Humans have been eating eggs from birds as well as it is a known fact that plenty of birds lay eggs and people consume them. But chicken eggs are the most common and most popular food because eggs are such a well-loved kind of food and it gives more nutrients for humans.
Eggs are one of the common food item in our households from breakfast to dinner, eggs are indulged in various ways. So, initially i little talk about the eggs.
We all are know that the eggs are available in many colour types. Some of those are brown eggs and white eggs. Brown eggs are laid by brown-feathered chickens with red earlobes and white ones are laid by white-feathered chickens with white or light colour earlobes.
There is no real difference in nutritional value between brown and white eggs but if your asking a question that is- “Why the cost of brown eggs is more expensive than white eggs ?” Because they come from chickens that have a big appetite and also they are a bit bigger in size. Brown eggs are associated with organic, which might make them seem a healthier choice.
Is the different in the taste of brown and white eggs ?
Yes, the taste is different because more with the diet of the chicken that laid it but that has nothing to be with quality or nutritional profile of the egg. The chickens are fed a different kind of diet which impacts the quality and taste of the egg. So if you were to feed a brown and a white chicken the same kind of food, the difference in taste would go unnoticed.
So, the next time you’re picking up a batch of eggs for breakfast make sure you may concerned about the quality of chickens it comes from rather than it’s colour.
Now I am going to talk about the topic of fertilized eggs. For a chicken to develop from an egg, it must be fertilized. Given the right nutrients, hens will lay eggs with or without having been in the presence of a rooster. For an egg to become fertilized, a hen and rooster must mate prior to the information and laying of the egg.
What is fertilization and How do you know if an egg is fertilized ?
The simplest way to tell if an egg is fertilized is called candling the egg. Candling is nothing but a process of handling a strong night above or below the egg to observe the embryo. A candling lamp consists of a electric bulb covered by a plastic or aluminum container that has a handle and an aperture. The egg is placed against this aperture and illuminated by the light. If you do not have a candling lamp, try using a torch. But this process is done in a darkened room.
If the egg appears in opaque, it is probably a fertilized egg otherwise the egg is unfertilized. These are the technical words to define the fertilization of an egg. However 80% of the eggs you buy are fertile. I cannot guarantee that all the fertile eggs will hatch but I can guarantee that the eggs to be arrive in good condition.
Now you have clear about fertilized eggs after that a lot of doubts come to your mind. Those are
- Are grocery store eggs fertilized ?
- Can you eat fertilization eggs ?
- What is the difference between fertilized eggs and unfertilized eggs ?
- What are the health benefits of eating an egg ?
I will answered the above questions in one by one.
Are grocery store eggs fertilized ?
Most of them people are buy an eggs from grocery stores and the grocery buys an eggs from chicken farms. If you want to get the most of the eggs nutrients, then go for the fresh eggs available in the grocery store. I believe that the longer eggs are kept, the more their protein content gets lost.
As a side note, if an egg is fertile, does not mean it will become a chick. It must be properly incubated by the hen or under an incubator in order to develop into a chick so it is typically not possible to hatch a chick from an egg purchased at the grocery store. Most eggs sold in the grocery store are from poultry farms or chicken farm and have not been fertilized. But you have to take some precautions of storing after you buy eggs from grocery store.
I prefer to say that the best way to store eggs is to keep them in their carton, so you can check the date of the eggs where packed or expiration date. What is the best way to store carton eggs? – This carton should be placed in the coldest place like refrigerator at lower temperature.
The United State Department of Agriculture (USDA) determined that the best way by making eggs are clean before they reach consumers. So it is required that eggs are thoroughly washed and immediately refrigerated before they leave the form. Refrigeration also preserves egg quality. The better understanding for you is that the key of egg quality stays high with refrigeration and the quality is degrades rapidly without it.
I think that eggs are safe to be consumed to you from four to five weeks beyond the carton but you need to keep the carton in the refrigerator at lower temperature. The expiration date cannot exceed 30 days after the eggs were packed in the carton. Depending on the retailer, the expiration date may be less than 30 days also. These are all the key points you take buy an egg from grocery store. Now I am answering another question that you want.
Can you eat fertilized eggs ?
Yes, it is perfectly okay to eat fertilized eggs. A fertile egg laid by a hen but that is not incubated is safe to eat. Once you collect the eggs and put them in the fridge, the embryo develop of the egg is completely stops. So I hope that, the fertilized eggs safety to eat.
Here if you are not paying super close attention, you will never know the difference between fertilized and unfertilized eggs.
What is the difference between the fertilized and unfertilized eggs?
It is important to understand the difference between fertilized and unfertilized eggs.
If the hen has mated and she lays an egg, then that egg is fertilized.
- If the hen has not mated and she lays an egg, then that egg is unfertilized.
- If you crack the egg open, you can see the white circle present in the egg yolk is more defined in fertilized chicken egg and you can also see small red lines running along the surface of the egg yolk- this represents an egg that was left out too long- fertilized. If you’ve collected this type of eggs, it will be a risky breakfast. So, it better to put egg cartons in refrigerator.
- There is no detectable chemical difference between fertilized and unfertilized eggs and there is no any scientific evidence that one is nutritionally superior to the another.
- Is there any taste different of fertilized and unfertilized eggs? – Here the taste of the same eggs are also same. There is absolutely no flavor difference between these eggs.
- Some evidence that fertilized eggs may spoil sooner than unfertilized eggs.
Are eggs good for you? If so, what are the health benefits of eating the eggs?
I am very much interested to answering this question and I will give you the best answer you will ever find. Now, see there are two categories based on true facts.
- One believes eggs are good for you. They are extremely nutritious. Eggs are a very good food with an impressive amount of calories.
- The other believes that eggs are bad for you. Because they are so extremely nutritious. Particularly they have a lot of cholesterol. In fact if you eat just two of your average chicken egg, you will pass the recommended daily limits for cholesterol.
So to answer your question, it’s going to depend on who you actually is.
- If you are a growing child, whose cholesterol needs are much higher. Eggs are a perfect meal for you.
- If you are a 22 years old athlete in excellent condition with fantastic heart health, eggs will cause you no problems. Eggs is going to be your best for nutrition.
- If you are a 40 years old vegetarian who gets almost no cholesterol everyday, an egg will be fine.
- If you are a 50 years old or more than that, obviously male or female who never gets any exercise, so eggs are not a good idea.
Finally, to sum it all up, eggs are nutritious. So, whether it’s good or bad is context dependent. Here, i want to give calories are present in 100 grams of boiled egg. Sodium, selenium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, fat, protein, healthy cholesterol, vitamin- A, D, E, B2, B6, B12 and iron.
Total 17 calories are comes under the benefits of eating an egg. These all calories are necessary for health bones and nutrients that help balance good sugar levels, protect against heart diseases and support the healthy function of nerves and the brain.
I hope that, you clear up to in this article. Now, i am revising the all matter did i cleared or not.
Did i cover all you wanted to know about fertilized eggs and whether the grocery store eggs fertilized?
In this article, i discussed availability of mainly two colours of eggs. Those are brown and white eggs. Here i mentioned that there is no difference of nutrition values or taste in this bown and white eggs.
Next i took an in depth of fertilization of an egg and candling process. Ultimately, i answered the question that is regarding to this article – Grocery store eggs fertilized or not. In this answer i discussed the best way to store this grocery store eggs and i aslo said that can you eat fertilized eggs or not.
Next i explored that the difference between fertilized and unfertilized eggs. Here you able to know the difference between fertilized egg and unfertilized egg. And at last i covered the health benefits of eating the eggs. These are points i mentioned in this article.
I think that this is an useful information for you. If you are buy an egg from grocery store, you have to remember these all key points are mentioned in this article.